Resellers purchasing ScreenSteps
If you are a reseller purchasing a ScreenSteps account on behalf of your client, here is some information you may find helpful.
1. ScreenSteps does not have a license - customers sign up for an account
ScreenSteps is a software as a service (SaaS), so there are no license keys distributed. Instead, either you or your client is going to create an account for ScreenSteps.
2. Create a ScreenSteps account
If you or your client does not already have an account, go to the ScreenSteps home page - http://www.screensteps.com/ and click "FREE TRIAL"
2.1. Choose an account name and enter your client's information
- The account name will be part of the URL your client enters into a web browser to view their online knowledge base. It will also be the name they use when signing into their account.
- You should enter your client's first name, last name, email, and telephone if you want login emails to go directly to them. If you do not want emails to go to your client, you will have to forward emails on to them or create a user account for them so they can login to your account. (Click here to learn how to create user accounts for your client.)
- Click Next
2.2. Create Site
This is part of the account creation process. A Site is going to be your client's online knowledge base.
3. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to send an email to email@example.com to let us know an account was set up for your client so we can go in the backend and update the account - otherwise, it will expire after 14 days.
Include the name of the account and the PO# associated with the account so we can update our records.
4. Resources for your client
We are happy to walk your client through the steps of getting set up if they need assistance. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
If your client would rather learn on their own, we have several resources available for learning how to use ScreenSteps:
Just let our sales team know if you have any questions.