Confirm you have the right user accounts
The Chrome browser extension works for users who have Admin, Editor, and Learner user roles.
If a user has the role of Reader or API Access, then the Chrome browser extension will not work for that user. You will need to edit their role to be Learner for it to work.
Download the Chrome extension
The Chrome extension only works with the Chrome browser. If you are using Safari, Firefox, Edge, or another browser then it will not work.
Navigate to the ScreenSteps Chome extension, which can be found here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/screensteps-for-chrome/kjnpdblaciideghjecicchjnjpmodnfp
Click Add to Chrome.
Sign into the Chrome extension
- Navigate to a website such as www.screensteps.com
- Click the ScreenSteps extension in the upper right-hand corner
- Your Account name is what you used to sign up with ScreenSteps––NOT your username. The Account name is often the same name as your company name.
- Click Login
Access the ScreenSteps Chrome extension
Click on the ScreenSteps icon any time you want to bring up a search bar. This search bar will search all of the content in the connected ScreenSteps site.
Create contextual help
You can also create Channels that push relevant content to specific web pages. This is a great option for your employees as they don't have to hunt through the knowledge base when they have a question related to specific web applications (or specific sections of a web application).
- Navigate to a web page you want help to show up on
- Click the ScreenSteps extension