Two Options for Contextual Help
ScreenSteps offers two options for Salesforce:
- A contextual app for Salesforce Classic (available in the Salesforce App Exchange)
- A Chrome Browser Extension for Classic and Lightning
1. Contextual app for Salesforce Classic
The contextual app for Salesforce Classic allows you to
- Put a search bar on the side and/or
- Provide links to your ScreenSteps articles that are relevant to the object being viewed
If this is what you would like to do, follow the instructions here: Installing ScreenSteps contextual help for Salesforce Classic.
2. Chrome Browser Extension
The Chrome extension is a pretty nice upgrade from the Salesforce Classic contextual help. The Chrome extension can provide contextual help for any cloud application––use it with Lightning or Classic (great if your company has different departments using one of each).
Also, if any of your coworkers use other apps other than Salesforce, such as NetSuite, Xero, etc. you can provide contextual help for those apps as well.
Here's what it looks like:
As you can see, the Chrome extension shows the entire content of the article in a sidebar so that users don't have to navigate away from Salesforce while performing a task.
If this is what you'd like to do, follow the instructions here: Install the Chrome Browser Extension.