The ScreenSteps Browser Extension is an add-on to select plans. If you don't currently have access but are interested in adding it to your plan, please reach out to <[email protected]>.
Once you get the browser extension installed, you can also create Channels so that the extension serves up specific articles on specific web application pages.
- Navigate to any web application where you need contextual help. In the example below, I'm in HubSpot > Reports.
- Click the ScreenSteps extension
The extension will open up. Click Settings at the bottom of the extension, followed by + Create Channel.
- Enter a name for your channel (make it descriptive)
- Make any modifications to the channel mapping pattern. Mapping patterns are regular expression patterns so you can use
.*to match portions of a url. For example, the mapping pattern
app\.domain\.tld/.*/importwould match on either
- Check the box to go to the channel (where you will add articles)
- Click Create
You can add existing articles from your knowledge base or you can create new articles from scratch. To add existing articles...
Now that you have your channel set up and you've added/created articles specifically for it, navigate back to the Browser Extension and click Settings and then Refresh Channels.