The ScreenSteps Browser Extension is an add-on to select plans. If you don't currently have access but are interested in adding it to your plan, please reach out to <email@example.com>.
Once you get the browser extension installed, you can also create Channels so that the extension serves up specific articles on specific web application pages.
1. Navigate to web app where you need contextual help > click extension
- Navigate to any web application where you need contextual help. In the example below, I'm in HubSpot > Reports.
- Click the ScreenSteps extension
2. Click Settings > Create Channel
The extension will open up. Click Settings at the bottom of the extension, followed by + Create Channel.
3. Enter Information > Create a channel
- Enter a name for your channel (make it descriptive)
- Check the box to go to the channel (where you will add articles)
- Click Create a channel
4. Add articles
You can add existing articles from your knowledge base or you can create new articles from scratch. To add existing articles...
4.1. Click + Add exiting article
4.2. Click the + icon
4.3. Confirm you have all the articles you need
You can also rearrange the articles from this view, if you have more than one.
5. Refresh channel
Now that you have your channel set up and you've added/created articles specifically for it, navigate back to the Browser Extension and click Settings and then Refresh Channels.
6. View your contextual help
Articles that are relevant to this web page are now easily accessible to your Readers.