Now you will create a Home Page Component in Salesforce that will display tutorials from ScreenSteps.
1. Get Home Page Component HTML from ScreenSteps
1.1. Go to Salesforce integrations page
- Select Account Management
- Select Integrations
- Select Salesforce
1.2. Add in the URL for your controller
1) Enter the URL you located in the previous article into the input area.
2) Click Get Code.
1.3. Copy Code
A box will appear below with the code you need to insert in Salesforce. Copy it.
2. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup
3. Navigate to App Setup > Customize > Home > Home Page Components
4. Create a New Home Page Component
Click on the New button.
You may see this screen. Click Next if you do.
5. Create an HTML Area Component
On this screen enter a name for your HTML Component. Also, make sure that the component is an HTML Area type.
6. Set the Component Position
Set the component position to Narrow (Left) Column. This will allow you to display it on most all Salesforce tabs.
7. Configure the Home Page Component HTML in Salesforce
1) In the HTML field, check the Show HTML checkbox.
2) Paste the HTML you copied from ScreenSteps here.
8. The Result
The new component will be created.
How to adjust the iframe height based on the content.
@Alex - The home page component doesn't use an iframe. The content will readjust it's size based on the articles being displayed.
@Alex - trying to paste code into the comments won't work well. Can you email [email protected] with your code and a description of what you are trying to do and what is not working? We can then troubleshoot it through a support ticket.
On this page, this step '2. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup' has the wrong screen capture. It's currently showing the ScreenSteps setup menu, not the Salesforce menu. FYI.
@Jenna - I double checked the picture and it looks like the Salesforce Setup menu to me.
@Trevor, you must be using a sandbox or mobile app then. Because my setup screen doesn't look anything like that... yet. No worries. I'm sure it will eventually.