This article will show you how to import users from a CSV file. This will come in handy if you want to:
- Add Readers, Contributors, or Admins to your account in bulk.
- Assign Readers, Contributors, or Admins to a User Group in bulk.
- Update current user roles (e.g. from Reader to Contributor) in bulk.
You can import a CSV file which contains the users you would like to import. The file will have the following values on the first line:
The subsequent lines in the CSV file will contain the information for each user you want to import or update. Here are some things to be aware of when creating your file:
- Users will be uniquely identified by their email address.
- If a user will be logging in using Single Sign-on then put
truein the third column. ScreenSteps will not require a password for the user in this case.
- If you want to associate a user with multiple groups then place a comma between each group name and place quotes around all of the group names as a whole. Example:
,"Group 1,Group 2",
- For the Role column you can use
- If you are updating an existing user do not include the password.
Here are two sample CSV files that will get you started. Use the RemoteScreenStepsUsersCSVTemplate.csv file if you are importing users who will login with Single Sign-on.